What's Your Idea?
Upon initial contact with TVWebDesigns what we'll be looking for are some basic ideas, where you're at, and what you want.
- Is this a brand new site or site redesign? If it's a redesign do you know of anything "broken" on the site or wish would work a different way?
- Will you be bringing some prepared content with you(images, text, logo, etc.) or do you need any or all to be created? If you need images of your business created to video shot we can do it.
- Do you have any examples of what you'd like. If you've seen something on the internet you like feel free to send along a link to any site(s). It won't be copied but part the discovery process is what you envision and any information is good information.
- Do you want to have it hosted and/or maintained with TVWebDesigns? If you are comfortable with finding your own host and maintaining your web site we have no problem with that. Most of our websites are CMS based with access to the back-end to easily edit what most need. You could start with us and move it later if you need a "breaking in period" as well.
- Who is your target audience and what do you want to achieve? This is an extremely important consideration for it will dictate just about any direction we go in building your web site. It will effect SEO, interactivity, domain name registration, etc.
- What type of interactivity are you looking for? Beyond the website design itself what can people do on your site? Examples are contact forms so potential clients can contact you, a full blown forum integrated into the site, the ability for customers to schedule services online, integration with a back-office POS application, and many more. TVWebDesigns will have ideas for you as well but beyond looks functionality needs to be addressed as well.
- What's your budget? There is no way around this question but since there are essentially free to low cost solutions out there to simply throw up a basic site such as Wix.com it's pretty safe to assume you need a web site designer due to time constraints, technical know-how, and/or just wanting more than what such services can do. They tend to be pretty limiting. Our goal at this point is to simply identify if what is required for your site is simply feasible within your budget.
- Is this time sensitive? Is there a deadline you are trying to meet or expected completion date? TVWebDesigns is typically working on 2, maybe 3, sites at a time in different stages. Those will not be pushed back in order to meet turnaround time that can't be met but there may be options to speed up the build time.